Some motivation from the Minister of Propaganda, based on chapter 7 of Robert Nozick's
Anarchy, State, and Utopia.
On 3/20, the Minister of Propaganda was live in the studio with Natalie Arceneaux as a guest on her radio program, The Civil Right! Natalie and Nick took callers and discussed the looming passage of ObamaCare and Census Shenanigans. The phone lines were awash with callers, Democrats, and even Obama supporters passionate about killing the bill. Washington D.C., at your service!
Catch The Civil Right every Saturday from 12:30-2:00pm central time on 1070 KNTH!
Thank you, Washington D.C. for your generosity; hipsters are going gourmet on food stamps!
"... recent changes made to the program as part of last year's stimulus package, which relaxed the restrictions on able-bodied adults without dependents to collect food stamps, have made some young singles around the country eligible for the first time."
The Minister of Propaganda's Remarks on the Occasion of the First Anniversary of the Houston Tea Party:
WRITING OUR HISTORY
"From liberty to abundance, from abundance to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence to bondage." It is said that civilizations rise and fall in cycles, and for thousands of years, they did. Citizens died young, they lived their 35 years heavily influenced by their surroundings, and the values of civilization were guarded and passed on by a small handful of men of the mind. When barbarians burned the libraries of the ancients, civilization could be plunged into darkness.
The Boston Tea Party and the revolution that followed provided a domain of freedom where health and industry could flourish. Life expectancy doubled, enabling more people to reach maturity and understanding, ensuring a core group would be alive to pass the values of freedom on to multiple generations.
We can read about the American Revolution, how freedom was won, but imagine how hard it would be to forget if we could hear the words of Patrick Henry in his own voice when he said, "Give me liberty or give me death!," and every schoolchild could watch the Virginia House of Burgesses rise to its feet and answer with the call to arms! It would be almost impossible to forget how tyranny was defeated from the outside.
Today, together with the industrialists of our time, the founders of Youtube, Google, BlogSpot, Facebook, and Twitter, we are building the archives of civilization that will never be erased. When our descendants are asking, "How come this time, Rome didn't fall?," they will be able to look back and watch it for themselves! The Tea Party movement is building the structure of liberty in the minds of millions, and mobilizing more people than the entire population of the continent at the time of the founding!
When the graduate students of the future are asking, "What were Felicia Cravens and Josh Parker like in 2009?," they will be able to scroll through YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, and see for themselves. They will see how the Tea Parties, Houston, Katy, North Houston, Clear Lake, all over the country got us into the streets. How the Bryans and the Eddies recorded it all now and for the future. They will hear the talk radio archives; how Natalie Arceneaux and Apostle Claver changed the political playing field. They will scroll the blogs and the Facebook feeds, and see the Rhondas and the Loris, at their keyboards hour after hour, day after day, beating the drum of liberty until the sound shook the Congress and drowned out the President of the United States!
When future historians watch how America whipped tyranny from within, we know what they will see because we are living it! Everyone in this room can be deeply proud of our role in it!
Nicholas V. Carbone
February 27, 2010
On 9/12 the day the Tea Party took Washington, the Minister of Propaganda and Felicia Cravens, founder of the Houston Tea Party Society, co-hosted Natalie Arceneaux's radio program, The Civil Right on 1070AM KNTH.
From Natalie's archives, the 9/12 broadcast!: http://thecivilrightonline.com/audio/091209.mp3 (Felicia and I take the microphones after Natalie's pre-recorded introduction)
They love their Obama Cards in the New Jersey public schools, where the children sing the praises of The One!
A great idea from a tea party participant: Obama Card activation. Why not call the White House, Harry "the intimidator" Reid, or the most powerful woman in the world, Nancy Pelosi? Thank them for their generosity, and ask if they can help you activate your card!
1. Health care as a profession didn't always exist, but once the first person decided to specialize in medicine, every last human on earth became automatically entitled to his services whether he liked it or not.
2. Health care is a very desirable service, therefore it should cost nothing at all.
3. Not only health care, but health insurance should be costless. Otherwise, the young and single in particular find that planning ahead for insurance premiums cuts into the fashion and entertainment budget.
4. Insurance companies should be forced to cover pre-existing conditions. The perfect time to buy a life insurance policy is after death occours. Insurance should no longer be about hedging against risk. It should just be about making a phantom pay in magic beans anytime something terrible happens. If no one wants stock in insurance companies, offer them a bailout.
5. Prohibiting private citizens from paying out of pocket for medical care will make the costs disappear.
6. Medical students should endure ten years of training and student loans out of charity alone; they should make no more than any upper level government employee. Doctors with superior reputation and skill should make no more than bad or mediocre doctors. They should be paid the same whether their patients tend to live or die.
7. Pharmaceutical companies should be prevented from making windfall profits when inventing new treatments and cures. They will continue to invest billions of dollars in research and development even if they never see a return.
8. Cuba, Canada, and the United Kingdom have the greatest and most efficient health care systems in the world. That is why countries with government controlled medicine put out the lion's share of new cures.
9. Cuban big-pharma recoups their R&D expenses by selling in the domestic market alone, allowing them to sell new life-saving treatments at generic prices abroad.
10. Contracting an illness is a complaint against the universe, but since you can't take the universe to court, sue the American taxpayer. Any disease you get, preventable or not, is the responsibility of the family across the street. They might have used their income to raise another child, but you have plans to hire the government to stick a gun in their face and take payment for your stomach staples.